This is the definitive Advanced First Aid course in Malaysia. Our 5 day programme combines classroom lectures and extensive hands-on practical sessions, with a focus on developing not just recall, but deep understanding and the ability to think critically in emergency situations. In addition to the standard first aid curriculum, participants will be taught advanced equipment and methods such as airway adjuncts, Bag-Valve Mask (BVM), Oxygen and Triage.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Become a Qualified First Aider & comply with legal provision: Occupational Safety & Health Act
- Demonstrate a systematic method of scene size-up and patient assessment.
- Understand the basic physiology and pathophysiology of critical body systems.
- Demonstrate Basic Life Support Skills including CPR, Rescue Breathing, AED use, hemorrhagic bleeding control and the management of airway obstructions.
- Use advanced equipment such as Airway adjuncts, Oxygen Therapy set, Bag-Valve-Mask (BVM) and AED.
- Render First Aid in emergency situations including those involving traumatic or medical methods of injury.
This course is open to both laypeople and medical professionals. It is recommended for anyone who is responsible for participant safety of educational or institutional programmes, or designated first aiders in high risk environments. Previous attendees include:
- Offshore workers
- ERT members
- Safety managers and personnel
- Occupational First Aiders
- Scout Leaders
- Outdoor professionals
- Interested individuals
This course requires approximately 20 hours of pre-study. Your attendance at the course will be subject to the successful completion of a pre-examination. This course will involve classroom lectures, skills practices, assessment drills and emergency simulations.
We recommend participants be at least 16 years of age to participate in this course. Younger participants may be considered upon application. There are no hard and fast pre-requisites for this course, however the prior completion of an IFA or SFA is strongly recommended.
- Adult, Child & Infant CPR
- Advanced First Aid
- Anaphylaxis Management
Certification Validity: 3 years.
All necessary learning materials are included.
Please bring with you:
- A raincoat. We will spend sometime outdoors regardless of weather.
- A notebook and pens, or a laptop or tablet.
- A change of clothes that can be cut or stained.
- A watch with a second hand.
- Mosquito repellant and sunscreen.
- 100% attendance
- Completion of all practical assessments
- A mark of 80% or greater in the written exam