Massa sed elementum tempus egestas sed sed risus. Risus at ultrices mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada pellentesque elit.
Basic Life Support
The BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. This course builds on your understanding of critical systems, and takes a deeper dive into the science of CPR.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the critical body systems and critical life functions
- Understand the way BLS augments failed or malfunctioning critical systems
- Provide high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Explain the Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Understand how important the early use of an AED is to patient health outcomes
- Provide automated external defibrillation
- Provide effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Understand the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation
- Perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relieve foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
This course is open to both laypeople and medical professionals.Previous attendees include:
- Offshore workers
- ERT members
- Safety managers and personnel
- Occupational First Aiders
- Outdoor professionals
- EMTs, Medics & Paramedics
This course will involve classroom lectures, skills practices, assessment drills and emergency simulations.
We recommend participants be at least 16 years of age to participate in this course. Younger participants may be considered upon application. There are no hard and fast pre-requisites for this course, however the prior completion of a lay-person CPR course is highly recommended.
- Basic Life Support including Adult, Child & Infant CPR & AED
Certification Validity: 2 years.
All necessary learning materials are included.
Please bring with you:
- A notebook and pens, or a laptop or tablet.
- A watch with a second hand.
- 100% attendance
- Completion of all practical assessments
- A mark of 80% or greater in the written exam